DELIVER TO WIN TRUCK GIVEAWAY CONTEST RULES
EVERY CALENDAR YEAR, LANDSTAR CONDUCTS THE DELIVER TO WIN TRUCK GIVEAWAY.
HOW TO ENTER
During the contest period …
- Earn one entry for every 10 loads you safely pick up and deliver. Voided loads do not count.
- Earn one entry for each Landstar Field Safety Meeting you attend.
- Earn one entry for each Landstar Safety Thursday Conference Call you participate in.
- Earn one entry for each BCO Appreciation Days event you attend.
- Earn one entry when you receive and notify Landstar of a clean Level 1 Roadside Inspection.
- Earn one entry for each trailer inspection you complete.
- Earn one entry when you voluntarily attend a CABS Business Class. Limited to two entries per contest period.
- Earn one entry for each online contest you participate in.
- Additional entry methods may be added occasionally.
- Contest period is based on the announced truck giveaway date for that calendar year, which may vary. Finalists’ names are randomly drawn anywhere from 0-60 days prior to the giveaway date, and the contest entries are compiled from all eligible entries gained 12-months prior to the finalist draw date.
To be eligible to win, a BCO must meet all of the following criteria:
- The BCO must be leased to Landstar continuously for 12 months prior to the finalist draw date and up to the date of the truck presentation/giveaway.
- The BCO must be accident-free* and claim-free** for 12 months prior to the finalist draw date and up to the date of the truck presentation/giveaway.
CHOOSING THE WINNER
For each annual contest, up to five qualified finalists will be selected by random draw from among all entries. If necessary, the finalists will be notified in advance and, if a live drawing is taking place, transportation may be provided to where the grand prize winner will be selected. The grand prize winner is selected randomly from among the finalists. The method of grand prize winner selection may vary each time, such as through a drawing or finalists selecting a door/box, or finalists picking the right key, etc.. Becoming a finalist significantly increases the chances of a BCO winning the truck, therefore if a BCO does not want a new truck, the BCO may decline the opportunity so that another finalist can be selected prior to the giveaway. Should a finalist be unable to attend, the grand prize winner will be chosen from among the remaining finalists in attendance.
PRIZE TAX RESPONSIBILITY
The fair market value of the truck will be included on the winner’s IRS Form 1099. Landstar will assist the winner in determining income tax liability and will pay the net increase in income tax resulting from winning the truck, provided the winner retains title to the truck through the one-year anniversary of the truck presentation. Should the winner elect to sell or trade the truck prior to the one-year anniversary, he or she forfeits this offer. Landstar, at its sole discretion and only in writing, may waive this one-year contingency. It is assumed that the manufacturer will pay the Federal Excise Taxes and the winner will be responsible for paying state sales taxes, insurance and state titling and registration fees.
OTHER CONTEST NOTES
All Landstar BCOs are expected to operate safely and comply with all applicable traffic and safety laws and federal regulations.
- *Accident-free means no preventable accidents for 12 months prior to the finalist draw date and up to the date of the annual truck presentation.
- **Claim-free means no more than two cargo or property damage claims with an aggregate loss, collectively, of $1,000 or less for 12 months prior to the finalist draw date and up to the date of the annual truck presentation.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- Landstar reserves the right to amend these entry rules as it may deem necessary with or without notice to the participating BCOs.
- Contest is not open to Landstar employees or their immediate families.
Email your comments or questions to DeliverToWin@Landstar.com.